Proactive tracking is enabled for all shops using Redirectify. Proactive tracking works by reacting to actions performed by the store owner in the Shopify admin. When a relevant action occurs, a path or paths are added to Redirectify proactively – giving you the chance to act before they become an issue for customers.
The following actions will result in paths being created in Redirectify:
- When a collection is deleted or unpublished, create a path for /collections/collection-handle
- When a product is deleted or unpublished, create paths for /products/product-handle and /collections/all-collection-handles/products/product-handle
- When a page is deleted, create a path for /pages/page-handle
- When a blog is deleted, create paths for /blogs/blog-handle and /blogs/blog-handle/blog-post-handle
- When a blog post is deleted, create a path for /blogs/blog-handle/blog-post-handle
- When a product handle is changed, create paths for /collections/all-collection-handles/products/product-handle
For all other cases, importing a path into Redirectify is unnecessary as Shopify itself automatically creates a redirect. For example, when a collection is deleted, all product URLs within the collection will redirect to /products/product-handle.